I work with each bride and groom individually to make their wedding cake personalized and special. All of my cakes are custom designed to reflect the personal and event style of the client. Fill out my contact form or email me details about your wedding plans.
At Heavenly Confections I have confidence that you will taste the difference: As my products are pure, fresh, and natural. My refusal to use mixes, pre-made fillings, preservatives and additives is part of my commitment to you for a finer, more delectable cake.
You can browse my gallery, my favorite cake artists specials page (click the link above), the links on my links page, bridal magazines, or cake books for ideas, then email me pictures and I can replicate a cake or change it to suit your theme, or I can craft something completely unique to you. If a traditional wedding cake isn’t your speed, I can do decorative cupcakes on tiered stands, or individual cakes. Prices vary based on design.
Inspiration can come from the tiniest detail about your event, from floral decor, to bridal attire, to the invitation design or the season of the wedding. Remember, your cake, like your wedding is a reflection of who you are as a couple. Your family heritage, how you met, what you like to do together, even how the groom proposed could contribute to the design of your cake. Find out more here.
Orders are booked with a down payment on or shortly after the time of the design consultation appointment or once the details have been roughly worked out via email. I often send rough invoices to my brides, and await a final head count two weeks before the wedding date. Then I will create a final invoice with the new figures. This allows you to secure your date and basic order, without being stuck with too much or too little cake at your wedding!
There is a high demand for my gourmet designer cakes as I am a boutique cake studio, and I accept a limited number of orders for each date, on a first-come-first-served basis. Making an appointment or attending a consultation appointment does not guarantee an order or hold a date until a deposit of 30% of the order total has been received. I can accept personal checks as well as cash for payment or you can choose to be billed via PayPal online.
**Update: In order to ensure that I will be available to make your cake, a deposit in the amount of 30% of the cake price must be made as soon as possible once I agree to make your cake. The reason for this is that while we are working out details on your cake, other cake orders are coming in for that same date. I must work on a first-come - first-serve basis, and while we are discussing your cake, other orders are still coming in. In the past, I have been emailing to remind people of their deposits if I get a request for the same date. But due to overwhelming business, I can no longer continue to double-back and email my customers to check whether they are still interested in keeping the order. Therefore - to guarantee your date - your deposit is welcome even before all details are worked out. ** Thanks for understanding! =)
I recommend booking your event as far in advance as possible to ensure the date of your wedding is available. I am currently booking wedding cakes and celebration cakes 6 months in advance or more. Fill out my contact form to inquire about your wedding cake today.
My cakes are made to order and so I can cater to any flavor that you would like. Check out some of my most popular flavor combinations here.
I understand how hectic planning a wedding can be. I also realize in some cases it may be difficult to schedule personal appointments because the bride lives out of town, is in the military and stationed overseas, or has a rigorous work schedule. My design service is extremely flexible, and much of the planning and design work can be communicated electronically. I can help you design your wedding cake all via the Internet at your convenience. I can exchange emails back and forth to work out the details. This way you can save time and reply to me at whatever hour you find available! That simple! It's one of my little perks - your time is precious, and I'd like to help!
Since the design of the wedding celebration and cake is often an expression of the bride's personal style, I want to ensure that I have fully captured that style and the sentiment the couple wants to convey on their special day. If the bride and groom will not be in town until the wedding, I will gladly handle the entire process electronically.
- Please check for your date’s availability.
- Please be aware of the per-serving price (see below).
- There is a minimum order amount of $150 on all wedding cake orders.
- Many of the questions you may have can be answered here on my site. (This page also contains need-to-know policies about ordering a cake.)
- Don't forget the base/stand for your cake. It is an often overlooked detail that can really set off your cake. You may rent a stand with a deposit or purchase one to supply me with. Stands are not necessary, just an added detail to display your wedding cake creation.
- Formal Design/Tasting appointments are available for wedding cake and large cake orders over 100 servings.
- There is a minimum 30% deposit fee required to reserve your date. (This is applied to the cost of your cake.) See Deposit information below.
- All cakes are priced per serving and based on low, medium, and high levels of design intricacy.
- Serving prices start at $4.10 for tiered buttercream cakes 3 tiers and under and $4.50 per serving for anything 4-tiers or more, however designs are limited for 4 tier cakes (see below). Due to the complexity and delicate nature of handling and stacking buttercream cakes, they are priced just as high as fondant finish cakes. I limit my buttercream cake designs in certain months due to weather conditions, especially if for an outdoor wedding. Buttercream cakes are also limited to a maximum of 3-tiers unless specific design elements are discussed. Some designs cannot be made with a buttercream finish. HC's specialty is NOT old-school piping and scrollwork designs on buttercream. We will do simple buttercream designs, but we must specify that intricate piping details and stringwork are NOT in our expert field of design.
- Fondant covering starts at $4.10 per serving (price depends on complexity and adornments.) Fondant is made from scratch and helps to preserve and protect cakes as well as lend to many of the trendiest designs & sugar flower work. There is plenty of buttercream beneath my fondant finished cakes & my fresh-made fondant is much tastier than store bought varieties.
- The new trendy Frill cakes start at $4.25 per serving. This price is for the servings contained in only those tiers covered with frill work (final price depends on complexity and adornments.)
- Sheet cake prices start at $2.35 per serving. (These are double layered sheet cakes with a filling and simple piping decoration).
- Bakery Cakes - to sit alongside your cake on the table (such as deconstructed cakes) - start at $3.00 per serving and are 3 layer cakes just as your wedding cake. Some may prefer using Bakery Cakes even for the extra 'sheets' kept in the kitchen - as they are 3 layers instead of just 2.
- Wedding Cupcakes accompanying a cake start at $2.40 each. (Minimum 12) (price includes setting up the tower display)
- Wedding Cupcakes without a cake? Prices begin at $2.75 per serving. (Minimum 24) (price includes setting up the tower display)
- Deconstructed Wedding Cakes begin at $3.00 per serving for simple, 3-layer, bakery style design. Final pricing depends on flavors chosen & decoration.
- Gumpaste flowers are priced based on the type of flower.
The base price for all of cakes is determined by low, medium or high degree of design difficulty. Design difficulty is determined by the type of construction and amount of intricate skilled artistic or sculptural work; the application and numbers of different colors and lusters, and the type of ornamentation such as handmade jewelry, gumpaste flowers and hand modeled figures. The basic materials necessary to bake, fill, construct and complete cakes at each level of difficulty are included within the base price. Any applicable rental and delivery fees are priced separately.
Cake Serving Information
Each tier is approximately 4 to 5 inches high with 3 layers of cake and two layers of filling. Average Wedding cake serving size is 1"x 2"x cake height (4.5").
Things to consider when choosing your cake sizes:
- How many people you are serving?
- How many tiers do you want your cake to be?
- Are you saving the smallest tier for your first anniversary? (If so, do not include it in the number of servings counted for the guests.)
- Do you want the look of a big cake without the price? (I can use dummy tiers to make the cake larger, without the added price of the cake you don't need.)
I will make your cake as small or tall as you wish. However, the average wedding cake consists of 3 tiers: 6, 9, & 12 and feeds 100 people according to the bakery standard.
A 6/9/12 3-tiered cake is the largest convenient size to cut and serve. If extra cake is needed, a sheet cake can be served for a lot less. This cake can be kept in the kitchen and served along with the wedding cake to accommodate large numbers of guests. However, since it will be behind the scenes there is no need for time-consuming, elaborate decoration, thus making it more affordable.
Often an invited guest will bring a companion, or an invited couple may bring their children. Order your cake size by the number of guests you expect and not the number of invitations you sent.
On average about 2/3 of all invited guests come. (Less, if most of your guests live out of town, and more, if the majority live locally.)
If you are having a groom's cake, you can divide the number of servings between the two cakes. The bridal cake is usually the larger of the two.
For wedding cakes, please fill out my contact form so that I will have all the information needed to discuss the creation of your wedding cake:
- the date and time of your wedding or event
- how many people you are expecting to serve
- the delivery/event location
- your phone number
- your email address
- 4 cake/filling combinations - or - 4 cake & 4 filling flavors to mix-and-match from the flavor list you would like to sample, if you wish to schedule an appointment. (Please be sure to let me know whether you wish to mix and match or have combinations). If you cannot make an appointment, you can opt to pick up cake samples and discuss design via email.
- any design ideas, color scheme, style, pictures, etc.
I will contact you to schedule a tasting/design appointment if you opted to have one in the contact form..
My contact form is requested as the initial form of contact for many reasons. I am a very busy boutiqe, custom cake studio which makes it difficult for me to stop throughout the day for phone calls if I am busy decorating or making deliveries. I also require the contact form so that I have detailed and documented information about your event so that I may have a reference to look back on throughout the creation of your cake.
I am currently booking up at least three months in advance. So I’d like as much lead-time as possible to assure availability …but if you have a short notice order, ask me, and I’ll try to get it done for you! I personally work with each client and since all cakes are made to order I usually require 6 weeks lead time. However, do not hesitate to contact me even if your request is not within the timeframe, as I may have a last minute opening and be able to accommodate your event.
Tastings/Design Consultation Appointments
The cake design consultation appointment is an opportunity to sample many of my popular cake flavors, discuss the design of your wedding cake and book the order. To get the most out of your time, I ask that you come prepared with some knowledge of the cake designs that appeal to you. In addition to my own photo galleries, please take advantage of the links provided on my links page to browse through photo galleries on other sites for inspiration and ideas as well. The more informed you are, and the more you know about the kinds of cake designs that you like, the better I will be able to collaborate throughout the creative process. If you find a picture online, it can easily be emailed ahead of your appointment. Click here to find out more about formal tasting appointments and our Cake Sample Pick-up Event schedules for opportunities to taste the many cake flavors available!
YES I do deliver wedding cakes within a 75 mile radius of Guysville. Delivery is .50 cents per mile roundtrip from our bakery at 7225 Green Valley Road, Guysville, OH 45735. If you prefer, I can arrange for the cake to be picked up as well. I regret that I cannot SHIP cakes or cupcakes.
Heavenly Confections is located in Guysville within Athens County at 7225 Green Valley Road. A quaint, 500 square foot couture bakery next to the owner's residence, with it's own kitchen, design space and tasting area amidst 30 acres of tree covered mountains situated along a babbling creek.
Consultations & tastings by appointment only. I am a private cake studio baking only custom cakes as they are ordered.
At this time my bakery is open by appointment only, I do not have any cakes pre-made for sale. Every cake I make is custom made to order from start to finish.
I am a boutique cake studio, and I accept a limited number of orders for each date, on a first-come-first-served basis. Making an appointment or attending a consultation appointment does not guarantee an order or hold a date until a deposit of 30% of the order total has been received. I can accept debit and credit cards on site with no fees, or over the phone for a small fee (2.9% of total), personal checks as well as cash for deposit payments or you can choose to be billed via PayPal online with a standard 3.9% fee. Any order that is above $100 requires a 30% deposit when ordering.
**please note: In order to ensure that I will be available to make your cake, a deposit in the amount of 30% of the cake price must be made as soon as possible once I agree to make your cake. The reason for this is that while we are working out details on your cake, other cake orders are coming in for that same date. I must work on a first-come - first-serve basis, and while we are discussing your cake, other orders are still coming in. In the past, I have been emailing to remind people of their deposits if I get a request for the same date. But due to overwhelming business, I can no longer continue to double-back and email my customers to check whether they are still interested in keeping the order. Therefore - to guarantee your date - your deposit is welcome even before all details are worked out. ** Thanks for understanding! =)
The balance payment of the cake order must be paid in CASH on the day of delivery or using a credit card. Otherwise, you may pay the balance over the phone with a credit card the day before the event, or via check or PayPal no later than 7 days prior to the date. This is a standard payment policy across the U.S. for all bakeries. Again, I cannot accept personal checks upon delivery.
Methods of Payment
I accept cash, checks, debit/credit cards or you may opt to be billed via PayPal.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
A deposit is due at time of order placement to secure your event date. Balance is due in full at time of delivery or pickup. If an order is not picked up on the day of delivery or delivery is denied, the client is responsible for the remaining balance. Heavenly Confections will make every attempt to contact the client in the event of a missed pickup date or denied delivery.
Due to being a small designer cake boutique, I only take two to three weddings maximum per event date. When I book your wedding date into my schedule, I turn away all other orders for the same event date. Therefore, all deposits are non-refundable.